2014 News Articles
We have an Elekiosk installed within the Surgery, which provides patient with information and allows patients to complete surveys and leave feedback regarding the health care and services that they receive.
Posted: 08 October 2014
5 Stars for Deneside
We have received 5 stars on the NHS Choices Website. For more information or to read patient comments, please visit:
The NHS Choices Website
Posted: 22 August 2014
Your GP Cares Campaign
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone’s needs.
- GPs are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
The BMA is calling for long-term, sustainable investment in general practice now to:
- Attract, retain and expand the number of GPs
- Expahnd the number of practice staff
- Improve premises GP services are provided from
Watch a short video on the campaign:
Your GP Cares – Leaflet:
Posted: 21 July 2014