Easington Patient Reference Group
Please click for Deneside PPG
With all the changes currently happening in the NHS, there is a greater need than ever before for patients to participate in the planning and delivery of local services. Such a patient-centred approach has led to the development of Patient Reference Groups across County Durham and Darlington which provide both an opportunity to get involved and a platform for open and honest discussion.
Patient Reference Groups are a simple grassroots way of affecting change and involving patients in improving the health and well-being of their local community.
Patient Reference Groups can play a wide range of roles, including:
- Communicating with the wider patient population
- Influencing service development
- Establishing better information systems
- Raising funds and purchasing new equipment
- Creating local networks
- Helping to involve and engage minority and seldom heard communities by undertaking health promotion initiatives
- Establishing self-help groups and supporting carers
- Producing newsletters.
You can view or download the Minutes, Action Logs and Agendas of the Easington Patient Reference Group below: