Latest eBulletins from N.A.P.P.
The National Association for Patient Participation promotes and supports patient participation in primary care. Groups are an effective way for patients and GP surgeries to work together to improve services and to promote health and improved quality of care. PPGs are making a real difference across the UK. Join N.A.P.P. And benefit from support to your practice and PPG.
- Latest N.A.P.P. News – September 2018
- Diary Dates:
- 8 June 2019: NAPP Annual Conference – venue TBA in the South West Area
- 3 – 8 June 2019: PPG Awareness Week
- 12 – 18 November 2018 Self Care Week: Choose Self Care for Life – Download Resources from the Self Care Forum Website.
- Patient Participation in Primary Care: Why is it important?
- A paper by our President and recent Chair clarifies the importance to GPs of involving patients in the wider aspects of the organisation of health care, as well as in their personal care, and demonstrates why GPs need to work with the patients in their practice in order to fulfil aspects of the GP curriculum and revalidation.
- Group of 100 having real impact: N.A.P.P.’s Group of 100 – a set of PPG representatives who take part in occasional online surveys, enabling N.A.P.P. to gather views from a sample of patients and PPGs – goes from strength to strength. Highlights so far include:
- Securing a range of changes in the way in which the GMC describes its revalidation role to the public, including replacing an “infographic” with a video
- Advising NHS Digital on issues regarding access to the Summary Care record, with some individuals being interviewed to further evidence their experiences
- Feeding back to the Professional Standards Authority on their Accredited Registers programme, and on the website it uses to enable the public to find out about registered practitioners
- Diary Dates:
If you are interested in joining the Group, you can find out more (including the application form) on the napp website.